About Me

My photo
"We need to make books cool again. If you go home with someone & they don't have books, don't fuck 'em."--John Waters

I'm the author of more than twenty novels including SHADOW SEASON, THE COLD SPOT, THE COLDEST MILE, THE MIDNIGHT ROAD, THE DEAD LETTERS, and A CHOIR OF ILL CHILDREN. Look for my next one THE LAST KIND WORDS due out May '12 from Bantam Books. Contact: PicSelf1@aol.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Every Shallow Cut nominated for a Spinetingler Award

Just received word that my noirella EVERY SHALLOW CUT, published by Chizine Books, has been nominated for a Spinetingler award for best novella. I’m honored to be included with writers like Ray Banks, Nik Korpon, Fingers Murphy, Gerard Brennan, Nigel Bird, Chuck Wendig and other talented folks. Voting runs from now until the end of the month. Go have your say.

You can visit my Amazon page to pick up any of my Kindle releases. We've extended our sale on three of my titles. My collection FUTILE EFFORTS and my noirellas YOU'D BETTER WATCH OUT and ALL YOU DESPISE are all just $.99 for the time being. For a couple of bucks more you can pick up NIGHTJACK, FUCKIN' LIE DOWN ALREADY, THE FEVER KILL, THRUST, THE NOBODY, THE LAST DEEP BREATH, LOSS, PENTACLE, A LOWER DEEP or any of my Bantam titles including THE COLD SPOT, SHADOW SEASON, and A CHOIR OF ILL CHILDREN.
==
I also just received proofs of my next novel THE LAST KIND WORDS, due out in hardcover from Bantam on June 5. You can check out the synopsis and blurbs on the Amazon page. You can also pre-order, "like" the book, and tag it, if you're so inclined. Thanks to everyone who's already shown such incredible support for the novel. I already have a feeling this is going to be the best selling book of my career. Grazie, all.

Library Journal ran a nice little preview of TLKW a week ago, along with other titles streeting this summer. Read the brief article here.
==
Crime Factory #9 packs a hell of a lot of knockout content: pieces by Scott Phillips, Benjamin Whitmer, Daniel B. O'Shea, Ray Banks, Paul D Brazill, and a new short story by me. Features by Johnny Shaw, Cameron Ashley, Jimmy Callaway. Read, enjoy, quiver.

10 comments:

Lee Thompson/Thomas Morgan/James Logan/Julian Vaughn said...

Tons of awesome news! Congrats, Pic! Every Shallow Cut was my favorite read last year!

Ben said...

I got EVERY SHALLOW CUT waiting for me in the TBR here. I'm pretty excited about it. The ChiZine gang did a really good job with the paperback edition.

Tom Piccirilli said...

Thanks, gents, much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Read it and loved it! Going out to buy all ur work now! Was a little confused at the end...did he kill hinself? Maybe/maybe not..but Churchill was still alive?..but he was "still barkig happily". I bought this booked down town toronto wih my gf, and the first page i turned to was "i hadnt stopped killing..." i was like "Angela i am Buying his book" thibking it was a 'Dexter' like character, but happy it was not about that at all! Thank u for ur work! Keep writting!

Cheers!
Mariapia.

www.norton.com/setup said...

I enjoyed reading the blog love your blog , Thanks for sharing all of the useful info will come back to read more norton.com/setup

thenortonsetup.com said...

This is a very impressive blog post, I like the way you describe things. I have also something to share here
norton.com/setup
www.norton.com/setup

John Shaw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Shaw said...

I like your content very much, good work, keep it up. follow below links for useful security information:

mcafee.com/activate
www.mcafee.com/activate

Bacosofttech.com said...

Awesome content, you have good command on this topic. i subscribe your blog and I have also some links to share here Barcode printing

Reeta Nursing Care said...


I like your post, you did good job, keep it up and i have also something to share.

Maid Servant in Delhi